Sunday, August 21, 2011

Finding the cousins...

Maybe I should expend a little more effort toward finding the living descendants of Sarah and Herman.  I was reading over that one page unsigned letter to LaVonne from one of her aunts, not Min (so, either Marie, Grace, or Hazel) saying that Min probably got all the stuff when Sarah E. died.  I wonder if her descendants have any good stories to tell or any good artifacts?  I don't have any info about Aunt Min's family, so today I found her on the 1920 Census with her husband Court, (born in Holland), her children Elmira, 10, Donald, 8, (born in Washington)  Court, 5, and Minnie, 1 (born in Montana).  They were living in Chouteau Countay at the time.  I know that Min was near Bozeman in 1937 when Sarah died, so I need to check the next Censuses there.
I just found the California death record for Court Jr. on Rootsweb, here.   It's interesting that his middle name is Don!  Born 6/7/1914 in Montana, died in Alameda.  Also lists his social.  He died in 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment