Sunday, June 12, 2011

Meet the Courthouse, friendlier than supposed.

I went online to both Cascade County and Gallatin County websites today and was pleased to find that it is really easy and cheap to order death certificates online.  Gallatin was even easy to order probate, but I don't think Herman or Sarah will be there...I think Sarah's would be where her residence was?  Not entirely sure.  If not, I bookmarked it.  I also sent an email to the clerk in Cascade County asking about how to order probate records.
I also quickly checked the USGenweb and "Vandereit" came up only twice in the Montana search, for both Herman and sarah's grave in a cemetery index.  It looks like they are both buried in the New Highland Cemetery, Great Falls.  I guess next I need to figure out which one that is, exactly.  I only know of the one in the south east corner of town if I remember correctly, and I'm not sure which one that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment